Background | We are looking for a seasoned product leader to build out and help to manage our customer-facing SaaS Platform. You will be responsible for guiding our external development firm in designing the new front/back-end web architecture, integrating other SaaS tools, and working with the broader internal and external teams to deliver this platform from the current MVP to the new product. This requires product leadership experience with an eye on the user experience and next-gen functionality.
About the role | We need someone who can also help lead and guide product development in tandem with an external firm for outsourced resources. We need you to help set the vision, strategy, and roadmap as we embark on this significant platform rebuild. You will interface with the selected dev firm, co-create the best solution for Vation, keep the vendor honest, and partner to deliver the new VIP within the customer, time, cost, and quality requirements. Your role will be critical in pre-development as you will help to define the product, during development as you will deeply integrate with the selected dev firm, and post-development as the dev firm migrates the ownership back to the Vation team. In this critical role, you will partner closely with our product manager and development teams to bridge between VIP 1.0 and 2.0. Combined, you and our product manager will help Vation create clarity and remove friction to ensure our platform's long-term scalability and sustainability.
Desirable Characteristics | You are a seasoned product leader known for building bridges and aligning various teams. You leverage your years of wisdom and expertise to help us avoid common pitfalls and distractions. You have a high level of personal initiative, urgency, agility, with an innovative spirit. You are endlessly curious and find creative ways to solve development challenges. You aren’t afraid to push the boundaries so we can take the platform to the next level, and you have the resilience and grit to stick with it. You drive progress, sprints and deliver the roadmap on time and on budget. Finally, you are a great communicator and storyteller who leverages a data-driven approach. The majority of our team is located in Denver, Colorado, and the ideal candidate would be based locally, but we’re open to a remote position for the right person.
How You’ll Contribute
- Be our SaaS product expert guiding the rebuild of our product with an external development firm
- Create and articulate clarity so the team can move quickly
- Develop, coach, and mentor the product manager and engineers while also organizing and delivering regular feedback
- Develop and influence product roadmaps by collaborating with product, design, and engineering
- Drive quality and security at the source (DevSecOps mindset and approach)
- Work with graphic designers for UX and design features
- Drive the project from conception to completion
- Meet both technical and consumer needs
- Put the customer at the center of the product and consistently gather quantitative and qualitative customer feedback
- Rapidly refine our customer personas, user journeys, and interactions
- Participate in and/or facilitate/lead Customer/Partner meetings
- Create product and user analytics dashboards
- Analyzing data sets and extracting insights
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree, certifications, and/or significant experience in leading SaaS products.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience as a product lead/director/manager (or equivalent role)
- Experience managing and partnering with external development firms
- You have launched features, products and/or systems successfully into the wild and iterated to incorporate user feedback
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Possesses the grit and resilience to fail fast and work through the issues to drive results
- Strong communication, prioritization, and project management skills
- You effectively communicate strategy, vision, and requirements to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Fundamental understanding of technical skills in front-end and back-end languages, frameworks, and technologies
Vation Ventures is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Denver, CO, is $110,000 - $130,000. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation, including stock grants.
Vation Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status.